Thursday 28 April 2011

Web Banners

For our new assignment we were instructed to produce a series of 3 Flash, Adobe or Photoshop graphics based on any of our pre-production work that can be used as a standard sized web ad. We were then given a sheet explaining the guidelines on the sizing details in pixels.


I then went on websites such as YouTube and recognised the banners which 'pop up' whilst a video is being watched; websites such as Gametrailers.com had animated web banners going across the screen.

I then took notes from this to create two animations and a Photoshop still. I based the foundation look of my web grapgics on the front cover of house music group, Daft Punk's album cover for Discovery as shown below.
                                                                                                                                                                          

I was inspired by its funky font and the texture of the design. this urged me to find a similar font which I could create a web graphic from. I then found the perfect font and gave it my own design look. I firstly created the first graphic as a still in photoshop beforee taken it over to Adobe After Effects so i could animate it. Below is the end product.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Dwayne, thank you for making me understand at last what this work is about. This is clear and concise and you have used image and text well to explain what you are doing. Keep this going !

    ReplyDelete